Sunday, June 30, 2013

Life in the Guate

As my year winds down, this will probably be my last post as you all know I do not have lots of motivation. However, I may keep my blog and continue during law school. At least my father, Atticus, will read it. 
I will just try to give an overview of my year and how things have changed for me. 
This year I read  books and counting.
I tried many new foods, including chicken gizzard. Not my favorite.
My faith has changed and I have become a lot closer with God. We have a lovely relationship :)
I have traveled throughout Guatemala and met amazing new people, and continue to meet amazing new people every day. 
I have learned how to teach a class of 17 year olds in another language. 
I am no longer afraid to talk in front of people. 
I think the biggest change that happened is my eyes were opened. Being a YAV is an incredibly humbling experience, and I continue to be humbled every day. I have learned about new cultures, and just because somebody does something differently than me does not make them wrong, or my way right. Sometimes people tell me things here and it is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, but I just nod and smile, because it works for them. We all have our beliefs about things, and just because ours are different does not make us any better. 

In other news, I will end my rambling now with some pictures of a baby!
I have completely fallen in love with her, even though sometimes she looks like an alien.
Isn´t she precious?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment