Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cual Gran Es El

I was not planning on updating the blog as I have done absolutely nothing interesting in the past week and a half, but my father Atticus ever so politely reminded me that I should. 

These are the events of consequence that I have accomplished in the past week and a half:
I popped into the hospital for a bit (guatemalan hospitals, while very clean and nice, are quite boring! there was not even a radio in the room)
I helped with vacation bible school at my church (actually i think i did more standing around than helping, but i´m sure my presence was a gift :). )
I knitted a scarf (its purple and blue and kind of ugly, but i wear it all the time anyways)
I started reading five books and have finished approximately...zero 

However, I did have a minor breakthrough this morning as I finally figured out how to shut the water in the pila off! For those of you who don´t know, probably all of you, this is a pila:



This is not my pila, but I borrowed the picture off google..hope nobody minds! Our pila is a bit old and the faucet is broken, so we turn it off using a combination of a plastic bag and a hair tie. My mom calls it ¨modern¨hahah! But today I finally figured out how to turn it off myself. I was so proud! Also, we do laundry in the pila. Which means I postpone doing laundry for as long as possible. 

..Well i think that´s enough for now. I was going to leave you with a picture of my family´s cat, Mininoe (or some variation of that spelling), but I forgot my camera cord. Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Regarding the VBS experience: remember, YAVs often do more being than doing haha :D But I'm sure your presence was, in fact, a gift!
    Good blog post!
    -Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete