Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sun and Sand

This week was..different.

Sunday I woke up at an inhumane hour (4) to go to Champerico for some good ole fashioned baptisms! It was about a three hour bus ride and I had no idea what was going on the entire time, as per usual. The baptisms took place in a swimming pool,which was a new experience for me as I am used to the sprinkling water on a baby method. Then we went to the beach! I love the beach! I drank coconut water out of a coconut while standing on the beach with my sisters..perfection!

I was supposed to teach my first english lesson on Tuesday, but for some reason the school had no water and then class was cancelled. Communication is not quite a high priority so I was the last to know about the cancellation. Oh well! I am learning to be flexible..

Wednesday class was cancelled again, so no english that day either!

Thursday I was supposed to teach math to the little kids in the morning but for some reason the teacher did not show up so..class was cancelled again!

Friday there was finally class, but we went to the zoo instead of learning anything. It was great. 

Today is my two month anniversary of being in the Guate! Time is going by so quickly and I am experiencing so many new things. Just last week I found a chicken heart in my soup! Que rico! 

Also I got ran over by a cart in the market yesterday but I feel it may have been slighly intentional. And we had another earthquake, but as they seem to happen mostly in the nighttime they are kind of soothing. Like those reclining chairs at nail salons that vibrate. 

I brought my camera to the beach to take pictures, but I didn´t actually take any as it was about 500 degrees with 1400 percent humidity and I felt like the witch from Wizard of Oz that melts...

I also believe I am supposed to teach english on Wednesday to all of Ceipa, aka like 200 people. I will let you know how that one goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment