Saturday, October 20, 2012

Nessy

There was no class this week at Ceipa, so I had absolutely nothing to do. Here are more details on my extreme lack of activities.
Monday: I slept in and then helped my mom cook some food. I took a nap. I read some books.
Tuesday: I thought I had a meeting at Ceipa so I went into town. But no, there was no meeting. So typical in the Guate. I basically never have any idea what is going on. I came home, ate, read some books and took a nap.
Wednesday: My family got a chicken. I named her Nessy. She has beady eyes and looks at me like she hates me.
Thursday: Slept in. Ate. Read books. Took a nap.
Friday: Slept. Read books. Went into Xela to buy more books and eat with Kate. Took a nap.

Told you I did nothing all week. In other news, I survived my first earthquake! It happened Sunday really early in the morning. I was half asleep and everything started moving and shaking and I thought somebody either bombed San Mateo or a volcano was erupting. Then we had an earthquake on Monday too. Luckily they were only little ones and no damage was done. 
Nessy went away. I asked my family where she went and my sister said she left. Hmm.
I also took my first shower using a bucket. For some reason the knob for the faucet for the shower disappeared (also typical in the guate) and I had to use a bucket. I kind of liked it! 
Hopefully next week will be more interesting! 
I also have no pictures..as I spent most of my time eating or sleeping. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment