Saturday, March 30, 2013

Holy Week

I wrote this blog post in my head on Thursday while sitting in church for three hours. Yes, you read that right. Three hours. I can only imagine how long it´s going to be tomorrow. When you are sitting in church at home, and you are getting grumpy because it´s Communion Sundy and church has been going on for an hour and ten minutes instead of an hour, just come on down to the Guate. When you get bored during a prayer that lasts over a minute, just come on down to the Guate. It´s quite normal her to have a prayer that last 40 minutes while everybody is praying outloud. Complete with sobbing and/or weeping. All of this while standing the whole time. Anyways, I´m done with my rant now.

I have more to add to my ¨You know you´ve been in the Guate too long when¨
- your idea of dressing up involves a faded old dress and chacos
- you no longer question the food you are eating, you just eat it

Let me elaborate on the second one a little bit. For example, there is a food called longaniza. There may be an r in there somewhere, I´m not sure. Anyways it´s kind of like sausage. I am not sure what animal it comes from, let alone what part of the animal. I could probably look it up but I don´t think I want to know. So if you know, please don´t tell me. 

We had baptisms last wek. I didn´t get baptized but I did get thrown in the pool. Then I had to put on some random clothing that was not mine because aparently wet clothes in the Guate would be fatal. Anyways, it was lots of fun.  I wanted to put pictures up...but the computer I am using does not seem to be at a high functioning level.

Yesterday I made my singing debut in church. Just kidding, kind of. My sister Sonia decided that her, my other sister Evelyn, and I were going to sing a song for Holy week in front of the whole church. Lovely. I would have curled my hair for the occasion, but I have no curling iron. My sister Karla curled my hair once using a curling iron someone had left at the house, but it caught fire in the middle of doing my hair. Typical. I have a lovely picture of me singing, aka staring at the wall behind me. What a pro.

In other news, my birthday is coming up! Since I know you all love me and want o send me things, send cards to this address:
Jensen Blankinship A-528
P.O Box 669004
Miami Springs, FL 33266
I know it looks wierd, but its a courier service and they will actually arrive. 
If you want to send me packages full of lovely things or anything lavender scented, send them to this address:
Jensen Blankinship
Apartado Postal 41
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala

I checked news pages for the U.S. recently and I noticed that the U.S. seems to be falling apart without me. Either that or it´s still George Bush´s fault.

¡Adios!
P.S. I got in law school at the University of New Mexico! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment